Our aims & values
Over the years as campers ourselves, we have visited many camp sites – with both tents and touring caravans – at different times of the year and with two young children. (well they were young then!)
So have we tried to take all the things we’ve liked from different sites and put them together. These include:
- a place for children to play where parents can see them
- ball games that can be played right out side your pitch rather than a field the other side of the site
- showers where your children and maybe a buggy can wait for you
- no smelly bins right by your pitch
- not too many rules, just mutual respect
This is Holly our Donkey who likes to say hello to everyone and a view across pitches 23-26 towards the sea.
In 2011 we installed some solar panels to reduce our carbon footprint, these produce some of the electricity required to run the showers and reception area.
We endeavour to recycle as much of your waste as possible and appreciate your help in separating your waste into the different containers – glass bottles, tin cans, aluminium cans, plastic bottles, cardboard, that can be found in our waste and recycling areas.
We hope you will agree that Sunnymead Farm is all about old-fashioned simple camping and families having fun.